some favorite words

elation - delight - optimism - exaltation - jubilation - enthusiasm - illumination - spark
- insight - bliss - stimulation - kindle - arouse - inspire - invigorate - insatiable


Thursday, March 10, 2011

new experiences

wow my workout was A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
(and yes, it was necessary for me to spell it out)
first of all, i need to tell you about the playlist i came 
up with for today's run. now, don't think me weird
but i specifically planned out what order i wanted 
these songs in to line up with my warm-up, stretch, 
work out, and cool down. there was no such thing as 
shuffle tonight! ok, here it is (with length of songs included):
Warm-up (brisk walk):
"The World's Greatest" R. Kelly (3:56)
"Rockstar" Hannah Montana aka Miley Cyrus (3:00)
Stretch:
"Just the Way You Are" Bruno Mars (3:40)
Run/Jog/Brisk Walk:
"The Space Between" Valencia (3:39)
"Stronger" Kanye West (5:12)
"Supermassive Black Hole" Muse (3:30)
"I'd Do Anything" Simple Plan (3:17)
"Show Me Everything You've Got" The Rocket Summer (4:48)
"Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous" Good Charlotte (3:10)
"Forget You" Glee Cast Version ft. Gwyneth Paltrow (3:41)
Cool Down (quick walk, not quite as 
fast as the warm up or during work 
out but fast enough to keep your heart 
rate from dropping rapidly):
"Yellow" Coldplay (4:29)
"Fix You" Coldplay (4:55)

Grand Totals:
Warm-Up: 6:56
Stretch: 3:40
Work Out: 27:17
Cool Down: 9:24
There are just so many things I want to say about this playlist, 
I don't even know where to start. I know there are some pretty 
old songs on here plus some that make me sound like a 12 yr old 
girl however, they are good, upbeat, keep-you-goin songs that 
just help me during a run. 
What songs keep you going? 
Or do you prefer to not listen to music?

FYI: my run was interrupted by minor drink breaks, 
a bathroom break, and a 2 minute social break when 
i saw one of my friends and her fiancee (just thought 
you should know i DID take breaks. i'm not up to a 
level where i can't. just keepin it real peeps)

After my run I swam laps as promised! 
and HOLY CRAP i have this all new respect 
for professional swimmers. 
i honestly thought i would be fine, 
i was such a natural as a kid, but woah was i wrong! 
i probably only did 3 laps (6 lengths) and had to stop 
at the end of each length to catch my breath. i felt so 
dumb and probably looked it too, i just couldn't get in 
a rhythm of breathing. but that's what practice is for right??? 
so, having learned a lesson from tonight, my next
swimming adventure (hopefully tomorrow) will be
just that-a swimming adventure (i.e. no running first).
i'll get in the slow lane and take my time getting used
to breathing the right way during a freestyle stroke.
guess that's what i get for being over confident.
i am, however, extremely happy that i did it because
i worked some muscles down the sides of my upper
body and back that i didn't even know existed! yay!! 

tbs=heaven on my tongue.
ok, post work out meal included my typical TBS (triple berry smoothie) 
and an egg scramble. i had planned on having meatballs for dinner bc 
they're in my freezer.....but when i got home all i wanted was eggs. 
so, following my craving (bc i most always do!) i scrambled some eggs, salt, pepper, turkey (the lunch meat kind-hey, i'm a poor college student), 
provolone cheese, and salsa. mmmmmm it was a delicious meal. 
and now i am super excited to shower and go cuddle up in my bed!
finished product =)
in the process....


muses from today:
i am so terribly excited to work at swimming and 
get to the point where i feel comfortable doing it
craving healthy protein-filled foods after a workout
new playlists that give me a great beat!
i now smell like chlorine....i LOVE this smell!! =]

2 comments:

  1. The whole bandwidth thing came up today...sorry for all those people who want to see your blog and now are going to be seriously disappointed! So your discription of the swimming thing is how I feel in a pool on a really good day! Practice makes perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the part when you wrote "just keepin it real peeps" that totally made me laugh.

    I'd like to know what is in this TBS. Maybe you can post the recipe...please, please.

    Also, I took a swimming class at BYU and it was the best decision of my life. Got me in great shape for our wedding which happened to be just a month and a half after the class. in fact, I should probably hit the pool myself. That sounds really, really fun!

    ReplyDelete

everyone needs a good laugh from time to time....