some favorite words

elation - delight - optimism - exaltation - jubilation - enthusiasm - illumination - spark
- insight - bliss - stimulation - kindle - arouse - inspire - invigorate - insatiable


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

first workout!

this evening i walked over to the Smith Fieldhouse (BYU) to run some laps on the indoor track.
for every workout i do, i start with a 5 minute-ish warm-up, stretch, then go for it. o and a 5 minute-ish cool down post 'going for it'.
stretching honestly does wonders for me and i feel 
so much more excited to run after i've done it 
and it make my legs feel great!
i did about 2 miles combining 2 laps running/jogging 
with 1/2 a lap walking at a quick pace. 
i love the feeling i have after getting lots of 
oxygen and blood pumping thru my body. 
it just makes me feel like i can conquer the world! 
coming out of the Smith Fieldhouse the weather 
was perfect, and i mean PERFECT for a cool down 
walk. there was a light breeze, cool temp, and a 
beautiful sunset. 
i was also looking forward to the fabulous and 
simple smoothie i would make when i got home:
triple berry blend (frozen)
EAS whey protein powder
1% milk
mm-mmmm tasty =] 
that smoothie is my ideal post workout snack/meal. 
just thinking about it makes me want to go work out again!

muses from this post:
triple berry smoothie (pretty sure that's my muse for EVERY workout)
stretching - gets my muscles loose and ready to rock!
wonderful weather which will hopefully continue tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

everyone needs a good laugh from time to time....